- 1 cup of Cristal de Caña sugar (200 grams)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 1½ cup of carrot (grated)
- 1 cup of flour (140 grams)
- 50 grams of walnuts (chopped)
- 50 grams of raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 grams)
- Mix all the ingredients to form a dough (except the carrot and the egg whites).
- Separately, whisk the eggs to form stiff peaks and add them to the previous mixture, along with the grated carrot.
- Beat gently in circular motion so that the egg whites do not lose their firmness.
- Grease a mold with margarine and flour.
- Pour the carrot cake mixture and bake at 180ºC for approximately 40 minutes.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and decorate with Swiss meringue or a cheese frosting (optional).
If you liked this, take a look at these recipes