Chinese sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Juice from ½ orange
- 150 milliliters of water
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour or cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of Cristal de Caña sugar
- 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- In a saucepan, mix the soy sauce, the orange juice, the Cristal de Caña sugar, the ketchup and the vinegar. Stir and watch it so it doesn't stick.
- On another side, dilute the corn flour in the water until there are no lumps left and, when the content of the saucepan begins to boil, add this mixture.
- Stir for a few minutes until it thickens.
Tip: If the sauce is too thick, add a little bit of water. If it is too liquid, leave it in the fire so it reduces a little, or dilute more corn flour in water and add it to the sauce.
If you liked this, take a look at these recipes