Fruit cocktail cake
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of crystal cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans of fruit cocktail (15.25 ounces each) with juice/syrup
- 1/2 cup of Cristal de Caña Más Morena
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- Combine ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix with your hands if you want the fruit pieces to remain whole in the cake or use a mixer if you want them to blend into the cake.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle the topping (brown sugar and pecans) over the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
NOTE: You can cut this recipe in half and bake for 30 minutes in a 9×13 pan for a thinner cake