- 4 eggs
- Between 250 and 500 milliliters of milk (depending on the desired density)
- 100 grams of chocolate
- 30 grams of Cristal de Caña sugar
- Liquid caramel to spread on the flan molds
- Beat the eggs
- While stirring them, heat the milk, the chocolate and the Cristal de Caña sugar. When all the ingredients have been combined completely, leave the mixture to cool down.
- Add the beaten egg and stir until it becomes a uniform cream.
- Spread the caramel on the flan molds (both the base and the sides).
- Stuff the molds no more than 3/4 of their capacity, since the mixture will rise a little in the oven.
- Bake the mixture in bain-marie at 180ºC (you only need to put it in a half-full tray of water).
- When you put a toothpick in and it comes out completely clean, take the flan out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Decorate with condensed milk or melted chocolate.