- 1 cup of raw rice
- 1 cup of Cristal de Caña sugar
- 3 cups of evaporated milk
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter (optional)
- Clean the rice and sink it into two cups of water for two hours.
- Fill a pot or similar container with the remaining 4 cups of water and add the salt. Cook the rice over medium heat until it softens. Remember to stir it regularly so that it does not stick.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, sweet cloves and sugar. Wait until the rice boils to add the raisins.
- When the rice has thickened, remove it from the heat. Remove the cinnamon and the sweet cloves. Add butter and mix well.
- Let it cool down, serve in bowls or ice cream cups, and finally, sprinkle with the ground nutmeg.
If you liked this, take a look at these recipes