Passion fruit mousse
- 7 grams of unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup of water
- 1 ½ cups passion fruit juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup of Cristal de Caña sugar
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- 6 egg whites
- 3 passion fruits
- For the mousse base, in a bowl, mix the passion fruit juice (preferably with no added sugar), the lemon juice, and the Cristal de Caña sugar.
- Heat the mixture until the Cristal de Caña sugar has dissolved completely and let it cool down a little before continuing with the next step.
- Dilute the gelatin in a cup of cold water.
- Mix the passion fruit juice and the Cristal de Caña sugar with the gelatin.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Stir the milk cream and, little by little, add the gelatin, the juice, and the sugar, trying to keep the mixture as consistent as possible.
- Add the stiff egg whites (they should be as solid as possible). Mix in circular motion, in order to avoid spilling the mousse.
- Serve individual portions and decorate them with passion fruit pulp.
Tip: If you buy passion fruit juice with sugar, use less of it.