- 1 ½ cup Cristal de Caña sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound of crystallized fruits
- ½ pound margarine
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons powdered cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sweet pepper ("all spice")
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Whip the margarine with the sugar and add the whole eggs (one at a time), the nuts, the crystallized fruits, and the chopped raisins.
- Add the honey, rum, and orange juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients alternating dry and liquid ingredients.
- Beat and, when the mixture is well compacted, bake in the oven for one hour at 350ºC.
If you liked this, take a look at these recipes